NEW Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream - TAN! Swatches & Review

2:06 PM

Hi all!

Being the biggest Etude House BB cream fan girl there ever was (self-proclaimed of course), I had to get my hands on the newest edition to their lineup. 


The 2017 Etude House BB Cream has a Moist and a Matte formulation which is amazing. To add to that. it comes in 5 different shades. YUP! FINALLY!! I'm here as usual to share my thoughts, feels, swatches and general review over the newest editions to the Etude House bb cream family :).

Basics:

  • Ebay Seller I bought this from: https://goo.gl/PQDVk4
  • Price: $12-$15 USD

Claims:

"Multi-BB (Beautifying block) Cream that completes clear and healthy skin with bright cover and block effect protecting skin from outside."

Also features: 
  • Wrinkle, Whitening, UV Protection (SPF 50+ PA+++)
  • Tone, texture and spot cover

Packaging:

This BB cream comes in a plastic 1.58/45g squeeze tube. It resembles last year's Cover & Bright fit in terms of packaging. I found that the squeeze tube can be a little difficult to control how much product is dispensed but if you're careful, all is good!

Texture:

The texture itself is very thin so it spreads and blends into my skin with ease. I love how lightweight it feels but can feel and look unnatural if too much is applied.

I found I get the best results when I apply this bb cream with a damp sponge. I also do not find that this bb cream accentuates any of my dry areas which is FANTASTIC! 

Undertone:

This definitely has more a neutral undertone but it blends in perfectly into my nc30/nc35 yellow based skin. 

Etude House shades ALWAYS varies and they also tend to change up their shade names. Below is a comparison between a few of the "darker" shades of bb cream I have so you can see the differences between them. I have no idea why the keep changing up their darkest shade name and color...
























Coverage:

I apply a thin layer, spot conceal and find that this bb cream delivers solid light-medium coverage. Trying to apply 2 or more full layers feels too heavy and looks too unnatural for my liking.

I apply concealer on top for more coverage on my darker areas but the picture below is just 1 layer with spot concealing with the bb cream. It also leaves that beautiful sheen which I LOVE!





















 Lasting Power: 

On my combination dry/normal skin, it lasted a solid 8 hours before fading. I do prime and set my face so that could definitely  helps increase longevity. 


Pros:
  • Variety of shades
  • Long lasting
  • Doesn't accentuate dry areas
  • Dries down & doesn't leave sticky feeling
  • Comes in 2 different formulas (matte & moist)

Cons:

  • Rubs off somewhat easily
  • Doesn't layer well

Overall, I love this bb cream! I am extremely happy that the color works so well for me and how easily it glides over my skin. Definitely one of my new favorite bb creams!

I also have a video review posted on my YouTube channel if you'd like to check that out. I really hope my review was helpful & informative! 

Thanks so much for reading ~



- Amanda



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you for this review. I already bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which color do u think closest to precious mineral bbcream cotton fit w13 natural beige?

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! Thanks for taking the time to say hello! :D I love reading all comments and replying back ^^ !