Missha BB Creams Comparison/Review5:08 PM
I thought it might be helpful for those who trying to decide or learn more about BB creams to do a short comparison with the Missha BB Creams that I have. I know when I was trying to figure out which one I should try first reviews and comparisons were very helpful :]
I won't go into detail what a BB cream is because there are descriptions and explanations all over the internet! Basically, they claim to improve your skin in a number of ways while providing decent coverage,moisture and other stuffs. Sort of like a do it all miracle cream! Every brand and even type under a brand can vary in functionality. Ususally they come in more colors but this is why I like Missha's BB cream. I'll go more into details about the BB creams I personally own down below! Leggoooo!
|Missha perfect cover #21, #27 and Missha Complete #23 swatch|
Whitening + Anti-Wrinkle + UV Protection (SPF 42 PA+++)
- Color Selection: They have 5 colors which is much more variety than the usual 1 color fits all that color brands usually go by. Probably because Eastern Asian women tend to be on the paler side. Of course not all but most. Being South East Asian, I am obviously not that light and so I enjoy the wider range of colors :] ! #31 is their darkest shade and should match people who are NC40-ish. YAY!
- Price: You can find for about $16 on amazon which is actually much cheaper than getting it from the official Missha website.
- Amount of Product: One bottle can last you quite a long time! Even if you use it frequently, it should be able to last 6 months +
- Packaging: It has a sanitary, travel friendly packaging! It's not super crazy huge or anything. They also have 20ML bottles which are smaller and lighter than the 50 ML bottles. the 20MLs are also better if you are not sure if you will end up liking it. The pump is also controllable so you don't get too much on accident!
- High Spf: Good for those who want spf protection!
- Decent lasting power: I don't set or prime my face and it stays on pretty well! I just apply toner, moisturize then apply bb cream and I'm off to eat breakfast!
- Coverage: I'd say its light-medium. It is build-able though! I just use concealer or put extra product on my trouble spots.
- Color undertone: Of course even the wide color selection may not be able to fit every skin tone. Everyone has different undertones and sometimes if you don't blend in the BB cream well enough, it will look obvious, unnatural and just awkward. I recommend using your clean fingers to apply! If you end up getting a lighter color by accident, use it as a concealer! Works beautifully! Click to see my post on using it as a concealer!
- Packaging: Cap can get dirty but all you have to do is wipe it clean :]! Also, you can't see how much product you have left. Not a big deal if you don't mind little things like that though!
- May not work for everyone: This goes for every type of product. I saw reviews on makeupalley.com that it broke people out and other problems with it reacting to it negatively. It also has parabens which are known to sometimes cause a number of different issues. Boo :( Personally for my very sensitive acne prone skin, it doesn't do a thing to make it irritated. PHEW!
- White Cast: Leaves white cast in pictures because of the high spf. Boo x 2 :((
- Ingredients: Contains no parabens!
- Moisturizing: Much more moisturizing than the Perfect Cover for me.
- Color selection: If you are NC 35 and under, #23 should be fine. I am currently a NC30-ish and it is perfect! The undertone is more pink/yellow and blends very nicely! There are also 2 other lighter colors.
- Coverage: I also find this to have more coverage on its own that the perfect cover. If you are going to layer, make sure you start light! Don't go all out in one go :] Applying it with clean fingers definitely helps it blend it better also. Covers my dark acne scars and evens out my skin tone! I do need extra concealer when my scars are superrr reddish purple though.
- Long lasting: Again, I don't set or prime my face and it lasts me a VERY long time! It does tend to melt a bit when it is hot outside but then again, it doesn't fit my summer skin color so I mix it with Revlon Colorstay in Rich Tan.
- A little goes a long way: I use it pretty much everyday (as long as I'm in my my fall/winter skin color phase) and I JUST finished my very first bottle which I purchased more than a year ago! ♥
- Packaging: It's pretty! ♥ The pump is great too! You can control it pretty easily so you don't get too much product.
- Price: It is more expensive that the perfect cover. I usually get it off the Missha website during sales or on Amazon. I pay on average $22 for it
- Packaging: It is bulkier than the perfect cover (the 50ML one). Again, you can't see how much you have but I don't mind. You can always transfer it to a transparent bottle if you like!
- Limited color selection: It also has 3 compared to the prefect cover.
- White cast: It has spf 25 so it still leaves a white cast when taking flash photography.