Etude House Personal Color Palette Warm Tone Eyes Review + Swatches

5:10 PM




Hi everyone ~

I hope everyone's 2017 has been off to a good start. There has already been so many promising KBeauty releases and I cannot wait to try new products this year ^^.

I recently picked up the new Etude House Personal Color Palette from etudehouse.com during their last free shipping New Year sale. They came out with various palettes including 2 eye shadow palettes, contour/highlight palettes and even some lip ones!


I'm a sucker for warm tone shadows so naturally I couldn't resist their Warm Eyes palette ;). I hope my review is helpful for those of you who have been eyeing the palette and want a closer look at it.

PRICING:

Etudehouse.com
Price: $26 (bought during promotional period)

PACKAGING:

The palette itself is housed in a sturdy plastic off-white case. Doesn't feel cheap at all and has a nice weight to it. It has a gorgeous "hand drawn" graphic on the cover. There is also a large mirror on the inside which is a plus in my book!

It has 20 warm toned eye shadows (.03 z / 1g per pan) which are fairly small but I don't mind since it takes me forever to finish shadows and the price point is reasonable too.


TEXTURE:

The textures within this palette vary depending on the finish. Matte shadows are buttery smooth and not chalky at all which is an issue I have run into for some Etude House palettes in the past. Glittery shades have A LOT of fall out but are beautiful none the less. I don't gravitate much towards the ultra glittery shades. Metallic and Shimmer shades are beautiful and blend like a dream.

This is HANDS DOWN my favorite Etude House palette and I have tried quite a few palettes from them over the years!!


PIGMENTATION:

Pigmentation also varies depending on the finish. For example, the top row consists of mostly glittery shades and so you don't get much pay off unless you apply with a heavy hand and apply several layers. The matte shadows are fairly pigmented but do require multiple layers if you want a stronger color. The metallic and shimmery shades are the most pigmented in my opinion.

My personal preference is to build up my shadows so since they aren't as pigmented as Western brands, this palette is PERFECT for me! 

SWATCHES & SHADES:

I marked my favorite shades with a *



W1 Honey Milk // W2 Brown Sugar // W3 Twinkle Orange //W4 Tanning Gold //W5 Brown Berry


W6 Spangle // W7 Cappuccino * // W8 Dull Expresso * // W9 Warm Wood * // W10 Brown Candy



W11 Toasted Pecan * // W12 Glam Rose  // W13 Cream Team * // W14 Cocoa * // W15 Morning Coffee*



W16 Pine Cone * // W17 Glam Rose  // W18 Baked Gold * // W19 Night Brown * // W20 Dark Night


Overall, I LOVE THIS PALETTE!! I was pleasantly surprised as the most recent Etude House palettes haven't been very impressive formulation wise and shade wise (in my opinion). It is a perfect everyday palette with a wonderful variety of textures and colors. You can create a simple everyday look or even a more dramatic smokey eye. If you prefer more pigmented shadows, you can definitely get that from these with a primer or a cream base!

I also featured this palette in one my YouTube videos so if you want to this palette in action, definitely check it out!



INGREDIENTS:

Talc,Mica (Ci 77019),Calcium Titanium Borosilicate,Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891),Glass,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Zinc Stearate,Triethylhexanoin,Diisostearyl Malate,Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate,Silica,Magnesium Myristate,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Polyhydroxystearic Acid,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Tin Oxide,Methicone,Isopropyl Palmitate,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Isostearic Acid,Lecithin,Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate,Caprylyl Glycol,Ethylhexylglycerin,1,2-Hexanediol,Red 7,Ci 15985,Ci 19140,Ci 77491,Ci 77492,Ci 77499


I hope my thoughts, feels and swatches were helpful and I thank you all for reading! Be sure to creep on me so I can creep on you by following me on my social media accounts ;).

Best,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment away! Thanks for taking the time to say hello! :D I love reading all comments and replying back ^^ !